Crafting Makes Me Happy
I love to craft. Make things with my hands. Make something new. Design something colorful. Feel the satisfaction. Feel talented. Pride.
In an effort to keep my happiness in check, I am making time for myself. It is impossible to dedicate ALL of my time to work and family. Sometimes you must make room for yourself. And my favorite "me time" is spent creating something. I have learned alot of skills through the years and I have set another goal to craft something each week - even if it is something little.
This week, I painted a very large flower for Jessica. It felt nice to hold a paintbrush in my hands, mix colors, and pretend like I knew what I was doing. It turned out decent. It took a while for me to like it, I am my own worst critic. In the end, Jessica liked it and I was happy to make it for her.
The second craft for the week was a maxi skirt. I didn't have enough yardage for the dress so I did my best, I only had 1 and a quarter instead of the 2 yards required. It made a difference, it didn't flow at the bottom the way it was supposed to. I have to walk like a Geisha but I love the knit pattern, very bright and colorful, too bad JoAnn's didn't have anymore. I plan on making some more maxi skirts when I get some $$ for more knit fabric. Very excited!
Great week! And look at me, held true to doing another post on Sunday - 2 weeks in a row! Woot Woot!
Next week I will report on the Gator Gauntlet that we are doing next Saturday. What is a Gator Gauntlet?? You'll find out soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment